A blog that I follow and in which I am particularly
interested is Miriam Kamin’s personal blog.
Miriam Kamin is a
blogger that expresses her feelings and shares personal life stories directly
on her blog. She started blogging about
her life when it was turned upside down during a divorce. I thoroughly enjoy reading her posts, because
I feel as if I am emotionally connected to her through her writing. Miriam does an excellent job of communicating
feelings through her blog posts. By
doing so, she gives the reader a mental image of her, which is a writing style
that is unique for some bloggers.
Readers often prefer these writing styles rather than professional
blogs, because these styles cause the reader to be more involved and feel more
connected. Creating uniqueness in
blogging is a quality that allows the blogger to claim their distinction in the
blogging world. I believe she chose this
technique to keep the reader’s attention, leaving them anticipating her next
intriguing blog. She uses imagery as a
part of her writing style and posts several images along with descriptive text,
giving the reader a more visual approach to her blog. Miriam continues to post about her life, her
children, other people involved in her life, and her pets. Miriam is constantly posting road bumps and
“real-life” problems to which parents (specifically mothers) can relate. She uses humor in the majority of her posts,
which engages the reader by providing to them another personal touch,
laughter. I believe a function of this
blog as well as Miriam’s intent is to provide support, similar to a support
group, to mothers. Something else that
is accomplished is that the reader can relate to and often learn from Miriam’s
blog. Another function of her blog
includes providing self-therapy. Often,
writers feel a release of stress as well as a connection to others through
blogging.
As far as
structuring her blog, Miriam keeps her blog design very clean and simple. This is imperative for a blogger in order to
have a professional look while maintaining the overall theme. Miram chose WordPress as her blogging
platform, which is an easy-to-use, common blogging site. Any reader can easily navigate around her
site. She keeps her grammar, spelling,
and writing techniques in mind when posting.
Miriam is a regular blogger but does not post on a daily basis. “Posting just to be posting” is a turnoff for
many readers, and Miriam does not tend to conform to this writing style. I believe that this is an effective technique
of hers, because she does not stray from the substance of her blog. If interested in following Miriam’s life
events, check out her blog at http://wouldashoulda.com/.
No comments:
Post a Comment